Here is a video that’s just under 10 minutes long which explains the Business Model Canvas in a reasonable level of detail. It’s been produced by The Business Channel.
The Business Model Canvas was explained in the book Business Model Generation by Alexander Osterwalder and Yves Pigneur. (I gave it a Four Star rating.)
It brings together nine components of a business in a one page form:
- Key Activities
- Key Resources
- Partner Network
- Value Propositions
- Customer Segments
- Customer Relationships
- Cost Structure
- Revenue Streams
Why I Like This Video
- The business model canvas is a very useful way to think about the logic of a business. It doesn’t matter whether it’s a new start-up or whether it’s an established business which has got stuck and needs a turnaround in performance.
- It gives you more details than the 2 Minute Business Model Canvas Video without overwhelming you or requiring too much investment of your time before you decide to dig in deeper.
Get To Know Me
Paul Simister is a business coach who helps business owners who are stuck or struggling with disappointing marketing, to get unstuck. You can then start attracting, converting and keeping more customers. If your business is based in the UK, you can have a free 60 minutes Business SOS consultation (please click) with me to get you unstuck.Don't forget to download and read my FREE Report - The SIX Steps PROFIT Formula: The Simple Rules That Every Small Business Owner Needs To Know available to download at Six Steps Report (Please click).
- Value Proposition Canvas 5 Minute Video from Strategyzer
- Business Model Generation by Alexander Osterwalder and Yves Pigneur
- Business Model Canvas 2 Minute Video
- 90 Shades of Innovation by Alexander M Schmid
- How To Understand Customer Value With The Strategy Canvas – Customer Matrix – Customer Value Attribute Map