Want A Free Second Opinion On Why Your Marketing Isn’t Working And What You Can Do To Fix It? (UK Small Businesses Only)
Which Of The 7 Common Marketing Constraints Are Holding Back Your Business And Frustrating You Like Crazy?
How much do you want or need more customer enquiries, more customers and more regular sales revenue?
And are you prepared to do what’s necessary provided it’s legal and ethical?
If you own a business operating in the UK, you can get a free 60 minute “Business SOS” coaching and advice session with me to:
- Help you to understand why your current marketing and sales systems aren’t giving you the results you want: and
- Help you to see what you can change to get more leads, customers and sales.
First let me explain what’s happening and why you can get a lot right and still be stuck.
This way, even if you decide you’re not yet ready to talk to me, you get value from your click to visit this page. (If you’re in a hurry for details of the free business advice session, click to Business SOS and you’ll be taken to the right section.)
Issues With Your Current Marketing And Sales System
You have a marketing and sales system in your business made up of your decisions and actions. (And perhaps your inactions and indecisions.) It may not have been designed consciously but something is there, with good bits and bad bits.
This “system” determines how many enquiries you get, how well you convert these enquiries into customers and how much these customers spend with you.
This leads to one simple conclusion.
If you’re not getting the enquiries and sales revenue you want, there are one or more constraints in your system. These bottlenecks cause your marketing to get stuck at a level that disappoints and frustrates you.
Fortunately, with help, you can identify why you have problems attracting the customers you want.
There Are 7 Major Areas Of Constraint
There are seven main marketing constraints you may be suffering from:
- You might not have found your starving crowd – the market constraint.
- You may not have identified your irresistible promise – the customer value and offer constraint.
- You might not get your message in front of enough of the right people as often as you should – the marketing media constraint.
- Prospective customers and customers may get a poor experience from their dealings with the business – the customer service constraint
- You possible don’t ask your customers to buy what they really want or encourage them to buy often enough – the revenue regeneration constraint.
- You probably don’t get enough positive recommendations and reviews – the referrals constraint.
- You might not have a positive marketing mindset that lets you take advantage of opportunities – the mindset constraint.
Do any of those sound or feel familiar? (You can find out more at the 7 Major Marketing Constraints article on my blog).
Things may not be as black as they appear. If you have some happy customers, you’re doing some things right.
The aim is to resolve the areas where your business is seriously constrained and to build on what you do right.
I’m happy to give you 60 minutes of my time without any obligation. This would normally cost up to £300.
We won’t have a chance to work on all these issues but we can have a good look at one of them or a less detailed look at a few.
If you’re sick and tired of disappointing email and you’re ready to do something about it, email me, ask for a Business SOS and tell me about your business.
My Business SOS Will Help You Fix Your Marketing Difficulties
I’d like to offer you a free Business SOS (Second Opinion Session) to help you identify your particular marketing constraints.Then we will talk about what you can do to improve that constraint, and as a result, how you can attract, convert and keep more customers.
This 60 minutes session is focused on you and your business. I promise I won’t even talk about my services unless you ask.
Let me be clear.
There is no obligation to buy my business coaching and advice. In fact, I probably don’t want you to.
I am semi-retired on health grounds and I can only work with one business owner each morning. I offer this Business SOS because talking to people like you gives me more variety of challenges to think about. It also means I am helping more people.
At the moment the session is free. I could charge for it in the future but, currently, I have space for an extra client.
After the Business SOS session, there are two main ways you benefit:
- You feel better about your business. You understand why things were going wrong and what you can do to fix your marketing. Your frustration turns to determination to take effective action.
- When you’ve started making positive changes, more revenue flows into your business. Your money worries start to ease as you attract, convert and keep more customers.
I hope I also encourage you to learn more about marketing. The “school of hard knocks” is probably the best teacher but the lessons are often very expensive in terms of mistakes made and opportunities missed. I’m very happy to recommend books and training courses to help you to learn more. I’ll even give you tips on how to find a business coach
To start getting your marketing unstuck, email me at email@example.com, ask for a Business SOS and tell me about your business.
Why Listen To My Advice?
There are two big concerns for many business owners before they contact a business advisor.
One is how much it will cost. At least you know these 60 minutes are free and given to you without any expectation other than you will change what you do after we speak.
The second concern is that they may know more about business than the “expert”.
I admit it is easy to become a business coach or business advisor. There are no compulsory qualifications and no legal protection of the titles, unlike medical doctors and solicitors.
People come to business coaching from many different routes and what people mean by coaching can vary considerably.
Let me reassure you of my own expertise:
- I have more than 35 years of business experience. I’ve been a self employed consultant, coach and advisor since 1995.
- I am a chartered accountant. At university I gained an Economics and Accounting degree and I was torn between finance and marketing. I chose accounting through a masochistic streak. I didn’t understand finance and I believed it was critical for whatever I wanted to do in the business world. I qualified as a chartered accountant in 1985 and by the following year, I’d started going on marketing courses and reading marketing books.
This accountant-turned-marketer may seem strange but I believe it’s a huge advantage.The type of marketing I recommend is called direct response marketing. It involves tracking and measuring how the campaigns are performing and then experimenting to improve returns.
My finance background also means I’m also much more focused on improving profit and cash flow than sales value. You see, sometimes, increasing sales can mean lower profit and worse cash flow.
- I have an MBA with distinction from the Manchester Business School, one of the best business schools in the UK. MBA stands for Master of Business Administration and is recognised as the premier general management qualification.
- I have read 490 business books to keep my skills up-to-date as well as worked through many training courses. One of the ways I live my purpose of helping business owners is by writing detailed book reviews to help people like you to find the most appropriate advice.
I have also worked through many expensive business growth training programs as I aim to bring you a compilation of the best business advice, ideas and tips I can find. It is a never-ending search but I do it so you don’t have to. You can learn more about my mentors.
- I’ve blogged about business for more than ten years and written several free reports. There’s plenty of chance to read about my ideas for building a better business.
Your journey towards solving the constraints holding back your marketing starts with one simple action.
Email me, ask for a Business SOS and tell me about your business. Isn’t it time you did it?
What Other People Have To Say About This Free Service
As I said above, there is no obligation to buy my services and these comments are all by people who didn’t become clients but found my free advice very helpful.
“Incredibly insightful, thanks.” Boris van Hemmen
“Our chat has been a big help. Thanks for the time and effort you spent.” Chrissie Vowles-Barrett
“After a turbulent period, I was lacking focus and drive. I decided to use Paul’s free business SOS not expecting much, however, I received an in depth email which clarified my options and helped me implement immediate changes within my business.” Jill Crowther
You Can See This Free Session In One Of Two Ways
This call can either be:
- A one-off, no obligation free service to help you now that things are difficult. There is no sales pitch. You’ll have to ask if you want to know more about my services. Why am I doing this? I get a kick out of helping business owners and these 60 minute consultations give me a quick way to help more people.
- If you feel you might want ongoing help, you can see it as a possible introduction to my business coaching and advice . This is a “try before you buy” offer because, regardless of how I’ve helped other business owners, what matters is how I can prove I can help you. Personal chemistry is also key.
You’ve got nothing to lose. You’ll get help you need or at least be pointed in the right direction.
Email me at Paul@BusinessDevelopmentAdvice.com with Business SOS in the subject line and tell me why you feel stuck and would like some support.
Just be aware that my time for these sessions is restricted and I can only do one or two a week. Ask now and get towards the front of the queue.
If You Want To Become A Client…
If you have found the Business SOS call helpful and you’d like to become a client, there are a few things you need to know.
- I reduce the “I can’t afford it” problem by getting paid the majority of my fee after the business has been improved (please see Fees and Guarantee). This is very rare. Few business coaches and advisors are willing to link their fees to your success.
- I make it very easy for you to “try before you buy” through this Business SOS process. This call is focused on giving you genuine help and advice and I don’t hold back. The best proof I can help you is to demonstrate it to you during the Business SOS.
- Because I’m semi-retired, I can only have one main client per day. If you become a client, you are special to me and not just one of many. I don’t work to the clock and stop the call at the 50 minute mark because my next client is scheduled in 10 minutes. Often my coaching calls last two hours, taking the time needed to make sure you understand while also aiming to move you and your business forward quickly.
- The one downside of only having one client a day is I am fussy about who I’ll work with on a longer term project. Don’t be surprised if I try to put you off. Sometimes it is because I think someone else will help you more than I can. Other times, it’s because I’m testing your commitment to improve your business.
If You Become A Client, I Get Most Of My Fees When You Confirm You’re Making Progress
Because of the way I choose to work, mainly getting paid from the improvement in your results, it’s as important to me to choose the right clients as it is for you to choose the right business coach and advisor.
I expect to do many Business SOS calls with business owners who aren’t suitable to be my clients or, to be honest, don’t want my regular help. Don’t feel shy or committed to doing something you don’t want.
Other Options To Get My Help
If you’d prefer to start with a shorter “getting to know you” chat before deciding if you want the free Business SOS, that’s fine too provided you’re genuinely looking for an ongoing relationship.
Email me at Paul@BusinessDevelopmentAdvice.com and tell me you’d like a chat before the Business SOS.
This means I won’t do as much preparation before we speak but I’d still to like to know what your business does and your website address, if you have one.
Another option is that we can do the entire Business SOS by email if it’s hard for you to arrange a time to talk. Just be aware that I’m likely to ask more detailed questions up front. I can’t clarify if my ideas are relevant when I’m not talking to you unless I know more about you and your situation.
Again email me at Paul@BusinessDevelopmentAdvice.com and make it clear you’d like the email version of the Business SOS.
I have written the following free report. I recommend that you download it to experience my ideas before you talk to me. This is based on the critical factors mentioned above although it doesn’t go into the mindset issues.
Paul Simister BA FCA MBA CGMC