(Danger repeated exposure to this section can damage your wealth)
Dangerous, Self-Limiting Beliefs About Money
From childhood onwards we learn some damaging beliefs about money summed up by popular phrases.
You’ve probably heard your parents say some or all of these and you may have said them to your children.
Even if you don’t say them out loud, the voice in your head may be saying them to justify why you don’t have more money and why you don’t want more money.
- Money doesn’t grow on trees
- We are poor but we’re happy
- Money is the root of all evil
- You must have money to make money
- Filthy rich
- To be wealthy you have to lie, cheat, and steal
- My friends will reject me if I’m wealthy
- If I’m rich, someone else will have to be poor
Each time you run one of these damaging thoughts in your brain, you program your mind to reject the idea of making lots of money.
That’s scary and they are NOT true.
I’ve put a little heath warning at the top of the section because I don’t want you to keep reading them to yourself.
It’s much better to get some…
New beliefs about money.
Return to P2M3 Your Mindset & Beliefs