Summary: Money Hunt: Review and Analysis of Spencer and Ennico’s Book
The book that has been summarised this time is “Money Hunt: 27 New Rules for Creating and Growing a Breakaway Business” by Miles Spencer and Cliff Ennico.
In my review posted at Amazon.co.uk, I gave this summary Four Stars. This means it is Good and Well Worth Reading.
Here is my book review.
Packed with uncommon sense
In this book summary, there are 27 rules for small business startup success.
I hadn’t heard of the original book but this came up on searches and after the third or fourth time, I was intrigued enough to look for it. Reading the reviews, it sounded very good but was expensive, even second hand.
As well as summarising the contents of the book, it includes various quotes to emphasise the main points.
I came close to giving this book the full five stars but I didn’t for a few reasons:
1) it is quite old. I think the original book was published in 1999. The astonishing success of some tech companies, in terms of business value within a few years of formation, almost regardless of profit mean that some play by different rules.
2) it’s more suitable for entrepreneurs who want to build a big business than business owners who want to create a good family business. This conflicts with the first point and if it had been written specifically for small businesses that intend not to grow big, it would have stayed more current.
I feel this is a very good summary of what must be a fascinating book. I’d like to read it.
Get To Know Me
- Summary: The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing: Review and Analysis of Ries and Trout’s Book
- Summary: Getting Everything You Can Out of All You’ve Got: Review and Analysis of Abraham’s Book
- Summary: Money-Making Secrets of Marketing Genius Jay Abraham and Other Marketing Wizards: Review and Analysis of Abraham’s Book
- Summary: The E-Myth Revisited: Review and Analysis of Gerber’s Book – 5 Stars
- Rich Schefren Audio Dispatches