I have identified a tightly defined business library of 12 great books suitable for entrepreneurs and business owners.
The list will keep developing as I find new books to include but I don’t want the list to exceed twelve books. I’ve read and reviewed hundreds of business books and you can discover the full list at Business Book Reviews including my ratings from 1 to 5 Stars.
Why 12? It’s a book a month and then, in the second year, I recommend you read them again.
If you need helping applying the ideas and your business is based in the UK, it may be time for a complimentary Business SOS.
The Twelve Best Business Books For Business Owners & Entrepreneurs
These are the twelve books I currently recommend most strongly. Below the list, I explain why the books are included. The links take you to reviews on this website and not to Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk.
- The E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber – *****
- Getting Everything You Can Out Of All You’ve Got by Jay Abraham – *****
- The Genghis Khan Guide to Business by Brian Charles John Warnes – *****
- The Ultimate Sales Machine by Chet Holmes – *****
- Duct Tape Marketing by John Jantsch – *****
- The Brain Audit By Sean D’Souza – *****
- Blue Ocean Strategy by W Chan Kim and Renee A Mauborgne and Blue Ocean Shift by the same authors. – *****
- The One Minute Manager by Ken Blanchard & Spencer Johnson – *****
- Profits Aren’t Everything They’re the Only Thing by George Cloutier – *****
- Forget the Urgent!: Rather Focus On The Important by Matias Birrell and Javier Arevalo – *****
- My provisional choice on the Inner Game (what the business owner thinks and feels) is Think And Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill. It’s been a hugely influential book and many entrepreneurs love it although it feels a bit old fashioned to me.
- A book about clearer thinking and better decision making. My provisional choice is Thinking Smarter by Michael Kallett.