The full title of this book by Mark Joyner is
“The Irresistible Offer: How to Sell Your Product or Service in 3 Seconds or Less“.
In my review posted on Amazon.co.uk, I gave the book a rating of Four Stars. This means I think it is Good and Well Worth Reading.
Here is my book review.
A great way to simplify a complex idea but it’s expensive for what’s there
The premise is simple…
Your customers are going to give you a few seconds to make the sale. What are you going to say?
The book explains an “irresistible offer” has three elements:
- High ROI offer – a customer will get more value from owning your product than they would keeping their money in their pocket or buying someone else’s product.
- A touchstone – something that quickly explains what you’re selling, how much it costs and why the customer should buy.
- Believability – if the offer looks too good to be true, it probably is.
I enjoyed reading this book very much because the author has a special skill for taking complex ideas and making them simple to understand so that they can be implemented.
The Chapters within The Irresistible Offer book are:
- The magic window
- The core imperative of business
- The four big questions
- What is the irresistible offer?
- What is not the irresistible offer?
- Elements of the irresistible offer
- The Great Formula
- Offer intensifiers – effectively mind control marketing and other persuasion techniques put into context.
- The offer continuum
- Great offers through history
- Word of mouth from flaming lips – an introduction to viral marketing based on the way that viruses spread. Fascinating.
The Irresistible Offer helps refocus marketing on selling the steak and not just the sizzle since your aim is to deliver something of great value for customers which provides a high ROI. That way the customers want to come back and buy again and are happy to give word of mouth recommendations to others.
I used to recommend this book to everyone who was a client or joined my email list because I knew how they could get a download free and this is such a core topic for a successful business that many overlook.
However I am shocked to see how much the Kindle version and the new printed books are and feel that it’s too short to justify a price of £17. On the other hand, if you implement the ideas, you’ll receive a huge return on your investment.
It’s five stars rating if you can find a cheap, good condition second-hand copy but only 3 stars if you pay the full price. On average that’s a four star rating from me.
It is available to buy from Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com.
Get To Know Me