The full title of this book is
“Money-Making Secrets of Marketing Genius Jay Abraham and Other Marketing Wizards A No-Nonsense Guide to Great Wealth and Personal Fortune“
although it is much better known as the Mr X Book.
In my review at Amazon.co.uk, I gave the book a FIVE STARS rating. This means that I consider it to be excellent.
Here is my book review.
A legendary book about marketing. It’s old but much of it is still extremely relevant.
Generally this book is better known as the Mr X book.
The origins are controversial. The story told is that one of Abraham’s best clients and most diligent students spotted an opportunity of sharing the Abraham money-making secrets with small businesses who couldn’t afford the $5,000 to $25,000 courses. He poured over his extensive course notes and eventually produced the book, started to offer it to the public and inevitably there was a big dispute with Abraham who recovered his intellectual property.
This book is enormously expensive when you can find it and the presentation in the book is awful. It’s much too dense and closely typed.
The book itself is brilliant and it is a great summary of Jay Abraham’s methods. It is much more extensive than Jay’s conventional book Getting Everything You Can Out of All You’ve Got: 21 Ways You Can Out-Think, Out-Perform, and Out-Earn the Competition which I gave my rare 5 star accolade.
Here is what’s in the book:
– The Preamble – Jay tells the story of the Mr X book.
– Introduction – written by Mr X.
– Chapter 1 – Customers
– Chapter 2 – Education
– Chapter 3 – Host Devices (joint ventures or fusion marketing are names others call this type of marketing)
– Chapter 4 – Start-Up Marketing based on the work of Jim Cook with excerpts from his book “The Start-Up Entrepreneur”.
– Chapter 5 – Motivational Marketing based on the work of Napoleon Hill and his book “Think and Grow Rich”..
– Chapter 6 – Unique Selling Proposition
– Chapter 7 – Direct Response
– Chapter 8 – Writing
– Chapter 9 – Advertising (this chapter is massive – almost a book within a book)
– Chapter 10 – Converting Prospects
– Chapter 11 – Direct Mail Marketing (another massive chapter)
– Chapter 12 – Telemarketing
– Chapter 13 – Marketing Help From Your Vendors (Suppliers)
– Chapter 14 – Public Relations which starts with a reprint of Ron Tepper’s “An Insider’s Guide To Effective Publicity”.
– Chapter 15 – Building A Powerful Sales Force
– Chapter 16 – Barter
– Chapter 17 – Marketing For Professionals
– Chapter 18 – Marketing For Specific Businesses
– Chapter 19 – Marketing What You Know
– Chapter 20 – How To Put On A Great Marketing Campaign
– Recommended Reading
– The Profit Odyssey
When you can find a physical copy of this book, it will be extremely expensive. It’s marketing back in the 1980s and ’90s when there was no Internet or social media to worry about.
Its contents are brilliant and I’m shocked to say that I can’t find my physical book at the moment. I’d love to have a way to infuse this straight into my brain. Luckily I have it as a pdf as well.
It does take a special type of thinking which sees everything from different angles to find an opportunity to make more money. Beginners should start with Getting Everything You Can Out of All You’ve Got: 21 Ways You Can Out-Think, Out-Perform, and Out-Earn the Competition and then move on to this book if his ideas click. There’s no point spending a lot of money if you’re not going to do anything with the information.
Paul Simister is a business coach who helps business owners who are stuck, get unstuck. If your business is based in the UK, you can have a free Business SOS consultation with me.
- Summary: Money-Making Secrets of Marketing Genius Jay Abraham and Other Marketing Wizards: Review and Analysis of Abraham’s Book
- The Sticking Point Solution by Jay Abraham
- Getting Everything You Can Out Of All You’ve Got by Jay Abraham
- Summary: Getting Everything You Can Out of All You’ve Got: Review and Analysis of Abraham’s Book
- Summary: The Sticking Point Solution: Review and Analysis of Abraham’s Book