The full title of this book by Hugh Davidson is
Offensive Marketing: Or How to Make Your Competitors Followers
In my review posted on Amazon.co.uk, I gave it 5 Stars. This means it is Excellent.
Here is my review.
The first great marketing book I read
Back in the mid 1980s, this was the first great marketing book I ever read and I must have read it half a dozen times in total. I’ve also bought the two updates of the book.
This is the book that taught me the POISE acronym for marketing:
P = Profitable
O = Offensive
I = Integrated
S = Strategic
E = Effectively Executed
Together these are the five vital characteristics of good marketing.
The second thing I learnt was that the search for marketing opportunities can be:
- from the outside in, what do customers want and need?
- from the inside out, what special skills and capabilities does the business have that can be used to solve existing problems of new types of customers.
The book is responsible for crystallising my love of marketing together with working for a new start-up consumer products business that was spending a fortune on marketing.
It makes much more sense to read the latest version than this one from more than thirty years ago but I have an emotional attachment with this book.Business Books Reviews by Paul Simister (Please click). I've also narrowed these down to a list of the 12 Best Business Books For Business Owners & Entrepreneurs (Please click).
Paul Simister is a business coach who helps business owners who are stuck or struggling, to get unstuck. You can then start attracting, converting and keeping more customers. If your business is based in the UK and you feel stuck, get a Business SOS consultation (please click) with me to get you unstuck.Don't forget to download and read my FREE Report - The SIX Steps PROFIT Formula: The Simple Rules That Every Small Business Owner Needs To Know available to download at Six Steps Report (Please click).
- The Hidden Profit Center by Helen Wilkie
- Understand The Customers In Your Market And Find Unexploited Opportunities
- Summary: Marketing Warfare: Review and Analysis of Ries and Trout’s Book
- The 3 Minute Marketing Audit by Fraser Hay
- Success Secrets of the Online Marketing Superstars by Mitch Meyerson